Zoom camera focal length to crop the frame.
- [Narrator] Navigation in a Perspective Viewport…can be challenging in an interior scene,…because the Perspective View is defaulted to…a Field of View of only 45 degrees.…In this Viewport layout…I've got Physical Camera 001…in this top right view.…And it is an actual Camera that is set to…a Field of View of 90 degrees.…We can check in on that by selecting the name…of the Camera, and then choose Select Camera.…
And in the Modify panel, we see that the…Field of View is 90 degrees.…The Perspective panel down here…has just the default Field of View of 45 degrees.…Let's maximize that Perspective View.…Click in it.…And then use the keyboard shortcut alt+w.…And that will maximize the view.…Then we can Dolly forward and back using…the keyboard shortcut as well.…Control+alt and middle mouse button drag.…And we can see that, in order to take in…the entire living room we have to be either…behind the stairwell here or we have to be…ahead of the stairwell with a wider angle.…
We can go down to the Viewport controls in the…lower-right corner, and there is a…
AuthorAaron F. Ross
- Improving productivity in the viewports
- Customizing display and camera options
- Rigging a camera for animation
- Controlling and keyframing rotations
- Prioritizing pan, tilt, and roll axis order
- Keyframing camera movement such as pan and dolly
- Keyframing compound camera movement
- Animating a camera crane or jib arm
- Animating a walk-through with Path Constraint
- Projecting an isometric view
- Defining motion blur parameters
- Blurring by distance with depth of field
Skill Level Advanced
3ds Max 2017 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross9h 50m Intermediate
3ds Max 2017: Advanced Lightingwith Aaron F. Ross2h 52m Advanced
3ds Max 2017: Advanced Materialswith Aaron F. Ross2h 34m Intermediate
1. Viewport Tips and Tricks
2. Working with Cameras
3. Rigging and Animation
4. Compound Camera Animation
5. Special Effects
Next steps1m 2s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.