Once the images are rendered, you can import them into Photoshop and set up the composite. In this video, learn how to bring all of the layers together into Photoshop and start the composite.
- [Instructor] We now have everything rendered. … Now these are in my exercise files Max render output. … Then you can see we have night hero, … night AO for ambient occlusion, mat, reflect, and select. … So I'm going to select all of the other ones except … for night hero and we're going to left-click … and drag these into Photoshop. … And now we can setup our composite. … So the first thing I'm going to do is go into my hero shot, … and this is going to be where we setup we our composite. … I'm going to select my background, and I'm just going to duplicate … that layer. … Now the reason I do that is just so I have a copy … of the original on the background layer. … I'm going to do all of my changes and adjustments to the copy. … Now in addition to this, we can start to copy and paste … or ambient occlusion layer. … and then I'm going to hop over to my hero shot, … and I'm going to make sure I'm on the top layer … and we're going to paste. … Now if I want to, I can double-click on this layer …
- Setting up V-Ray
- Setting up environmental lighting
- Adding sunlight to a scene
- Rendering a hero pass
- Creating reflection and selection passes
- Adding ambient occlusion
- Lighting for night
- Setting up a matte pass
- Adjusting light, shadow, and reflections
Skill Level Intermediate
3ds Max and V-Ray: Residential Exterior Materialswith George Maestri2h 27m Intermediate
3ds Max: Substance to V-Ray Workflowswith Brian Bradley1h 35m Intermediate
V-Ray Next for 3ds Max Essential Trainingwith Brian Bradley6h 13m Intermediate
3ds Max 2019: Advanced Lightingwith Aaron F. Ross3h 36m Advanced
3ds Max 2019: Advanced Materialswith Aaron F. Ross2h 37m Advanced
1. Set Up the Scene and Environment
2. Lighting for Daytime
3. Daytime Rendering and Compositing
4. Lighting for Night
5. Night Rendering and Compositing
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.