In this video, learn the key render settings in V-Ray for 3ds Max that will be used for this course, such as global illumination and render time.
- [Instructor] Now let's get started … by setting up our renderer. … Now we're going to be using V-Ray … as our renderer, so let's go through … some of the basic V-Ray settings, … just to make sure you're getting … the proper quality render as well as some speed. … I'm going to open my render settings window, … and you're probably familiar with this, … we have a number of tabs here, common, … and that's common to all renderers, … Now in the common tab, I'm going to leave … my output at single, … we're not going to be doing animation. … Now if we scroll down to output size, … I am going to render this at 1920 by 1080. … Now if we scroll down this list, … here you can see we have an HDTV setting … and that will bring up a couple of different presets, … one of which is 1920 by 1080. … Now when you're doing test renders, … you may want to bring this down a bit, … to either 1280 or 480, and that will give you … a much greater speed when doing your test renders. … But then you can always bring it back up to 1920 …
- Setting up V-Ray
- Setting up environmental lighting
- Adding sunlight to a scene
- Rendering a hero pass
- Creating reflection and selection passes
- Adding ambient occlusion
- Lighting for night
- Setting up a matte pass
- Adjusting light, shadow, and reflections
Skill Level Intermediate
3ds Max and V-Ray: Residential Exterior Materialswith George Maestri2h 27m Intermediate
3ds Max: Substance to V-Ray Workflowswith Brian Bradley1h 35m Intermediate
V-Ray Next for 3ds Max Essential Trainingwith Brian Bradley6h 13m Intermediate
3ds Max 2019: Advanced Lightingwith Aaron F. Ross3h 36m Advanced
3ds Max 2019: Advanced Materialswith Aaron F. Ross2h 37m Advanced
1. Set Up the Scene and Environment
2. Lighting for Daytime
3. Daytime Rendering and Compositing
4. Lighting for Night
5. Night Rendering and Compositing
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.