Prepare a model for 3D printing
- [Voiceover] 3ds Max now has a Send To link…to Print Studio, a program for 3D printing.…You can directly send your object…out of Max into Print Studio.…It's a very simple process.…Just select the object,…go into the Application menu,…and choose Send To, Send to Print Studio,…Send as New Scene.…Print Studio launches.…If it's already open, a new instance will be launched.…The first time you start it,…you'll be asked to connect to a printer.…
I don't actually have one connected right now.…In that case, I will choose to create…a print file for a certain printer type.…Click OK.…We get a couple of introductory tutorials here.…We can skip that.…There's our 3ds Max model loaded in.…We can zoom in with the mouse wheel,…orbit with the right mouse button,…and move the camera with the middle mouse button.…Just hold it down.…From here, we can go ahead…and run through the steps of printing our object.…
Check it for errors.…No problems.…See if it needs any supports.…We can add automatic supports before printing.…It's gonna calculate this shape…
AuthorAaron F. Ross
- New viewport display menus
- Using the standalone Asset Library
- Visualizing computational fluid dynamics
- Exporting to Print Studio for 3D printing
- Saving models and animation with the Game Exporter
- Building complex objects with new Booleans
- Modeling and mapping with new TextPlus primitive
- Editing keyframes with new Curve Editor tools
- Applying skin weights with Voxel and Heat Map solvers
- Mapping spline textures with shape maps
- Simulating surfaces with Physical Material
- Rendering with ART
- Rendering in the cloud with A360
Skill Level Intermediate
Up and Running with mental ray in 3ds Maxwith Brian Bradley4h 7m Intermediate
3ds Max 2016 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross10h 44m Beginner
1. The New 3ds Max Interface
2. Assets and Interoperability
3. Modeling and Animation
4. Materials and Mapping
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.