Join Aaron F. Ross for an in-depth discussion in this video Selection/preview highlights, part of 3ds Max 2016 New Features.
- In order to look at the new selection preview highlights…in 3ds Max 2016 we need to load…a scene file with some geometry in it.…I'll go to the Max application button and choose open.…I'm taken to exercise file scenes and I want to open…01_04_selection_preview_highlights.max.…Click open and I get a dialogue telling me…that I have a mismatch in the Gamma…and lookup table settings.…Gamma, of course, is the contrast curve of an image.…Gamma correction is enabled by default in 3ds Max…and the scene file I'm loading has it disabled.…
My recommendation is you should disable…Gamma if you're not using…a daylight system or photometric lighting.…If you're using standard lights…then Gamma should be disabled.…If you're using photometrics or daylight systems…then Gamma should be enabled.…In my scene, I don't have any lights…and I'm not planning to use any kind of…photometrics in it,…so I can leave Gamma disabled…and my viewports won't be washed out.…In this case I'm going to choose to adopt…the file's Gamma settings.…
And that means from now on Gamma will be disabled…
AuthorAaron F. Ross
- Choosing a workspace
- Creating templates
- Importing and exporting models
- Mesh smoothing with OpenSubdiv
- Creating a physical camera
- Rendering Bokeh and motion blur effects
- Using the Camera Sequencer
- Working with state sets
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Interface and Templates
3. Physical Camera
4. Camera Sequencer
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.