Join Aaron F. Ross for an in-depth discussion in this video Selecting and transforming objects, part of Learning RealFlow.
- Manipulating objects in RealFlow works…just the same as it does in most 3D programs.…You've got transforms for each object,…position, rotation, and scale.…And those are here on the toolbar.…We have the Move tool, Rotate tool, and Scale tool.…I can choose the Move tool,…select an object, and position it.…Or, I can choose the Rotate tool,…and turn the object in various directions.…Really, just like any 3D program.…If you want to switch between local and global modes,…for the different transforms, to do that…you want to have an object selected…and a transform mode active, and then you've got…a button here that let's you switch between…local transforms and global transforms.…
Right now, for rotations, it's set to local.…There's a little "L" there.…If I click that button now, it says "G,"…which means I'm going to be rotating in global space.…In this case, around the x-axis.…I can go to the Move tool and, right now, the Move tool is…defaulted to global space, or world space coordinates.…If I want to move this cube in its own…
AuthorAaron F. Ross
You'll learn how to create small-scale effects with standard particles, create free-flowing water effects with the Hybrido solver, and simulate open bodies of water such as oceans and ponds with RealWave. Author Aaron F. Ross also shows how to control interactions between objects and fluids with Caronte, the rigid- and soft-body physics engine included with RealFlow.
- Understanding the RealFlow pipeline
- Importing scenes from other 3D programs
- Emitting standard particles
- Caching data
- Simulating a Hybrido fluid
- Creating a Caronte rigid body
- Converting particles and fluids to mesh
- Exporting scenes
- Rendering with mental ray
Skill Level Intermediate
Creating Product Shots in 3ds Maxwith Aaron F. Ross4h 31m Intermediate
3ds Max 2015 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross10h 43m Beginner
1. Getting Familiar with RealFlow
2. Particle Simulation
3. Hybrido Simulation
4. RealWave with Caronte Rigid-Body Simulation
5. Interoperability with 3D Applications
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.