In this video, George shows how to select objects in KeyShot and manipulate them by moving, rotating, and scaling them. He shows how to manipulate pivots as well as how to move objects in world or local space.
- [Instructor] There are many time when we will need…to move and manipulate objects in KeyShot,…so let's take a look…at how to move, rotate, and scale objects.…Now, here I have a scene with some simple objects.…So I have a bottle,…and if I select it here in the Scene panel,…you can see how that outlines.…We also have the fluid within the bottle,…the label, and the cap.…Now, I can also select objects by left-clicking on them.…So if I want to I can click on the cap or the bottle.…
And, again, that will select.…So I'm going to go ahead and right-click over the object.…And you'll see we have a number of options here.…And one of those is Move,…so I'm going to go ahead select Move Part.…So when we select move, this icon comes up.…And this menu also comes up.…So here we can actually turn on or off…any of the Move, Rotate, and Scale icons.…So Translate, or move, are the arrows.…
Rotate are the circles.…And Scale are these little boxes down here.…Now, if I want to translate the object,…I'm going to go ahead and turn these off…
In this course, George Maestri helps you get started with KeyShot. George starts off by taking a look at the Keyshot interface and going over some of the basics. Next, he helps you get used to the workflow by showing how to create a simple render. He also digs into working with materials and lighting. To wrap up the course, George goes over how to animate with KeyShot.
- Navigating the KeyShot interface
- Configuring performance settings
- Managing the objects in a scene
- Importing assets into KeyShot
- Assigning and modifying materials
- Setting up the final render
- Creating materials
- Working with transparency and refractions
- Using objects as lights
- Creating a turntable animation
- Animating parts of objects
Skill Level Beginner
Creating Product Shots in 3ds Maxwith Aaron F. Ross3h 25m Intermediate
3ds Max 2017 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross9h 50m Intermediate
3ds Max 2017: Advanced Lightingwith Aaron F. Ross2h 52m Advanced
3ds Max 2017: Advanced Materialswith Aaron F. Ross2h 34m Intermediate
1. The KeyShot Interface
2. Create a Simple Render
3. Work with Materials
4. Lighting and Rendering
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.