Deform a mesh by painting in the view.
- [Instructor] In the previous movie…we saw how to load the free form modeling tools.…Now let's take a deeper look…at the parameters for the push/pull brush.…I'll select my terrain object…and on the Free Form tab of the ribbon,…click Push/Pull…and drag across…and I previously increased the size…and offset so I can see I've got some rolling hills there.…So, size is of course the radius of the brush…and you can change it here…but it's just easier to use the keyboard shortcut.…
To change the radius of the brush,…hold down control and shift at the same time…and drag the mouse button up or down…and we can change that radius,…so now I've got a smaller brush…or a larger brush.…Then we come to strength.…Strength is not really strength, it's sensitivity.…With a higher strength you'll get a greater amount…of deformation if the speed of your stroke is constant.…To demonstrate, I'll erase what I've done…by clicking the Cancel button…and I'll set the strength to a value of 0.1…and drag my mouse across…and I saw almost no change.…
AuthorAaron F. Ross
Learn how to get around the 3ds Max interface and customize it to suit your preferences. Discover how to model different objects using splines, polygons, subdivision surfaces, and freeform sculpting. Then, learn to construct hierarchies, add cameras and lights, and animate with keyframes. Author Aaron F. Ross also takes an in-depth look at materials and texture mapping, as well as options for rendering engines such as Arnold and ART.
- Customizing the interface
- Selecting, duplicating, and editing objects
- Modeling with splines
- Parametric modeling with the Modifier Stack
- Polygon and subdivision surface modeling
- Freeform sculpting
- Framing shots with cameras
- Lighting with photometrics and daylight
- Building materials
- Mapping textures
- Linking objects in hierarchies
- Creating and editing keyframes
- Rendering an image sequence
Skill Level Intermediate
3ds Max 2017: Advanced Lightingwith Aaron F. Ross2h 52m Advanced
3ds Max 2017: Advanced Materialswith Aaron F. Ross2h 34m Intermediate
3ds Max 2018 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross10h 10m Beginner
2. 3ds Max Interface
3. Scene Layout
4. Spline Modeling
5. Parametric Modeling with Modifiers
6. Polygon Modeling
7. Subdivision Surface Modeling
8. Freeform Modeling
9. Camera Techniques
12. Mapping Textures
14. Keyframe Animation
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.