Sculpt a surface with a view-dependent brush.
- [Narrator] Concluding our coverage of…the free-form modeling tools,…let's take another look at the conform-transform tools…that we saw in the previous movie.…We use the move-control tool to shift a conformed object…so that it would still stick to the conforming object,…but now we're going to use move conform…and the other conform-transform tools…for free-form sculpting.…So I'm going to select the terrain…and we have, once again, the conform tools over here,…and these four buttons are the conform-transforms.…
We have move, rotate, relax,…and scale.…Now these are destructive and there really is…no history of this like there is…with the paint-deform tools.…So just be aware that, if you need to revert changes,…you'll need to use the undo command.…Now before you begin, you want to make sure…that you've chosen the correct thing here,…in the draw-on pull-down.…In the last movie, I was drawing…on the terrain,…but paradoxically now, we if want to do free-form sculpting,…we want to draw on the grid.…
So from the pull-down list here, choose draw-on grid.…
AuthorAaron F. Ross
Learn how to get around the 3ds Max interface and customize it to suit your preferences. Discover how to model different objects using splines, polygons, subdivision surfaces, and freeform sculpting. Then, learn to construct hierarchies, add cameras and lights, and animate with keyframes. Author Aaron F. Ross also takes an in-depth look at materials and texture mapping, as well as options for rendering engines such as Arnold and ART.
- Customizing the interface
- Selecting, duplicating, and editing objects
- Modeling with splines
- Parametric modeling with the Modifier Stack
- Polygon and subdivision surface modeling
- Freeform sculpting
- Framing shots with cameras
- Lighting with photometrics and daylight
- Building materials
- Mapping textures
- Linking objects in hierarchies
- Creating and editing keyframes
- Rendering an image sequence
Skill Level Appropriate for all
3ds Max 2018 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross10h 10m Beginner
3ds Max: Advanced Lighting (2017)with Aaron F. Ross2h 52m Advanced
3ds Max: Advanced Materials (2017)with Aaron F. Ross2h 34m Intermediate
2. 3ds Max Interface
3. Scene Layout
4. Spline Modeling
5. Parametric Modeling with Modifiers
6. Polygon Modeling
7. Subdivision Surface Modeling
8. Freeform Modeling
9. Camera Techniques
12. Mapping Textures
14. Keyframe Animation
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.