Adjust size of icons and text
- [Voiceover] The update to the 3ds Max interface…is not merely cosmetic.…There are some real practical angles here as well.…For example, 3ds Max is now HDPI-aware.…And HDPI stands for High Dots Per Inch.…If you have an ultra-high-definition monitor,…then sometimes the icons can be pretty small.…You can scale the interface,…and the icons will all become large enough…that you can see well on the screen.…You would do that from the Windows Control Panel.…
I'll show you how to do it in Windows 7 and also Windows 10.…In Windows 7, just right-click on your desktop…and go to "Screen resolution".…From the Screen Resolution control panel page,…click on "Make text and other items larger or smaller".…From here you can choose a preset value.…If you want to make a custom value,…then go over to the left-hand pane…and click "Set custom text size DPI".…And we have a few more options here.…
We can also click on the ruler to set a custom value.…Let's say I want to choose 125% here from the presets.…I need to then click "Apply"…and log off of Windows to apply the changes.…
AuthorAaron F. Ross
- New viewport display menus
- Using the standalone Asset Library
- Visualizing computational fluid dynamics
- Exporting to Print Studio for 3D printing
- Saving models and animation with the Game Exporter
- Building complex objects with new Booleans
- Modeling and mapping with new TextPlus primitive
- Editing keyframes with new Curve Editor tools
- Applying skin weights with Voxel and Heat Map solvers
- Mapping spline textures with shape maps
- Simulating surfaces with Physical Material
- Rendering with ART
- Rendering in the cloud with A360
Skill Level Intermediate
3ds Max 2016 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross10h 44m Beginner
1. The New 3ds Max Interface
2. Assets and Interoperability
3. Modeling and Animation
4. Materials and Mapping
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.