Work more efficiently with keyboard shortcuts.
- [Instructor] In the previous movie…we saw a very powerful keyboard shortcut…or hot key which is wireframe toggle.…If I click in my perspective view here…and press F3 I switch between the wireframe override…and the user-defined or standard mode,…so that's a very important one, F3…and there's one that's very similar or aligned with that…which is edged faces, we'll use a lot.…So, if you're in a shaded mode with F3,…also press the F4 key…and you'll see wireframes superimposed on the surfaces…and that's known as edged faces mode.…
Turn that back off again with F4.…Another very important keyboard shortcut…is to maximize the current viewport panel.…And you can do that from the icon…at the extreme lower right corner.…And it's called min/max viewport toggle…or maximize viewport toggle.…So, you can click on that…and it will maximize the currently selected viewport…but you'll save a lot of time…by memorizing the keyboard shortcut…which is alt W.…And I'll be using that throughout the course,…alt W to maximize or minimize a viewport.…
AuthorAaron F. Ross
Learn how to get around the 3ds Max interface and customize it to suit your preferences. Discover how to model different objects using splines, polygons, subdivision surfaces, and freeform sculpting. Then, learn to construct hierarchies, add cameras and lights, and animate with keyframes. Author Aaron F. Ross also takes an in-depth look at materials and texture mapping, as well as options for rendering engines such as Arnold and ART.
- Customizing the interface
- Selecting, duplicating, and editing objects
- Modeling with splines
- Parametric modeling with the Modifier Stack
- Polygon and subdivision surface modeling
- Freeform sculpting
- Framing shots with cameras
- Lighting with photometrics and daylight
- Building materials
- Mapping textures
- Linking objects in hierarchies
- Creating and editing keyframes
- Rendering an image sequence
Skill Level Intermediate
3ds Max 2017: Advanced Lightingwith Aaron F. Ross2h 52m Advanced
3ds Max 2017: Advanced Materialswith Aaron F. Ross2h 34m Intermediate
3ds Max 2018 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross10h 10m Beginner
2. 3ds Max Interface
3. Scene Layout
4. Spline Modeling
5. Parametric Modeling with Modifiers
6. Polygon Modeling
7. Subdivision Surface Modeling
8. Freeform Modeling
9. Camera Techniques
12. Mapping Textures
14. Keyframe Animation
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.