Store default conditions for 3ds Max startup.
- [Narrator] The viewport background…is another important setting…that will reset itself…when you open a new scene.…Notice that, currently, in a four viewport layout…my orthographic views show a solid background.…And the perspective view shows a gradient background.…We can change that option very easily…from multiple locations.…We can do it from the Views menu…and go into Viewport Background.…And for the active viewport we can choose gradient or solid.…
Or we could go into Configure Viewport Background,…go to that dialog,…and choose Use Custom User Interface Solid Color…and apply to all views in active layout tab.…That will force all of the viewports to have a solid color.…So click that button…and click OK to close the viewport configuration dialog.…And now we've got a neutral solid background…in all the views and that's what I want.…
But if I reset the program or open a new scene…this will revert back to a gradient background.…To ensure that I always get a solid background,…I can save out a template scene into my current project.…
AuthorAaron F. Ross
- Improving productivity in the viewports
- Customizing display and camera options
- Rigging a camera for animation
- Controlling and keyframing rotations
- Prioritizing pan, tilt, and roll axis order
- Keyframing camera movement such as pan and dolly
- Keyframing compound camera movement
- Animating a camera crane or jib arm
- Animating a walk-through with Path Constraint
- Projecting an isometric view
- Defining motion blur parameters
- Blurring by distance with depth of field
Skill Level Advanced
3ds Max 2017 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross9h 50m Appropriate for all
3ds Max: Advanced Materials (2017)with Aaron F. Ross2h 34m Intermediate
3ds Max: Advanced Lighting (2017)with Aaron F. Ross2h 52m Advanced
1. Viewport Tips and Tricks
2. Working with Cameras
3. Rigging and Animation
4. Compound Camera Animation
5. Special Effects
Next steps1m 2s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.