Save startup scene conditions.
- [Instructor] So that you can set…the initial conditions for a new 3ds Max scene,…I'm going to show you how to create a Max start dot Max file.…And that is a special template file that lives inside…your project scenes folder.…And every time you launch 3ds Max, or reset it,…that Max start dot Max scene file is loaded in,…and you will see the desired units and grid settings,…and perhaps even some other settings,…such as interface preferences.…
So for example, by default this perspective view…is going to display a gradient background.…And I don't actually want it to.…I want it to display a solid background.…And the only way to make that consistently appear…every time I launch 3ds Max, is to create the…Max start dot Max file.…So I'll go into the menus here to views,…and with that perspective you selected,…if I go to view port background, I can choose a gradient…color or solid color.…I'll switch that over to solid color.…And now if I save the scene in this state,…that preference will be stored.…
I've also set up the units in the grid already.…
AuthorAaron F. Ross
Learn how to get around the 3ds Max interface and customize it to suit your preferences. Discover how to model different objects using splines, polygons, subdivision surfaces, and freeform sculpting. Then, learn to construct hierarchies, add cameras and lights, and animate with keyframes. Author Aaron F. Ross also takes an in-depth look at materials and texture mapping, as well as options for rendering engines such as Arnold and ART.
- Customizing the interface
- Selecting, duplicating, and editing objects
- Modeling with splines
- Parametric modeling with the Modifier Stack
- Polygon and subdivision surface modeling
- Freeform sculpting
- Framing shots with cameras
- Lighting with photometrics and daylight
- Building materials
- Mapping textures
- Linking objects in hierarchies
- Creating and editing keyframes
- Rendering an image sequence
Skill Level Appropriate for all
3ds Max 2018 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross10h 10m Beginner
3ds Max: Advanced Lighting (2017)with Aaron F. Ross2h 52m Advanced
3ds Max: Advanced Materials (2017)with Aaron F. Ross2h 34m Intermediate
2. 3ds Max Interface
3. Scene Layout
4. Spline Modeling
5. Parametric Modeling with Modifiers
6. Polygon Modeling
7. Subdivision Surface Modeling
8. Freeform Modeling
9. Camera Techniques
12. Mapping Textures
14. Keyframe Animation
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.