Export FBX animation clips and import again
- [Voiceover] The game exporter can also…save out animation clips.…For example, if you have a standard character rig…like this simple skeleton provided by AutoDesk,…you can save out a whole bunch of different animations…as fbx files and import them into 3ds Max or a game engine.…Let's see what we have here.…It's just a simple motion capture example from AutoDesk,…and it's actually at 24 frames per second,…and I've set this Max scene file up to accommodate that.…We've got 170 frames here at 24 frames per second.…
All right, we need to select the entire hierarchy…and to do that most precisely,…let's use the scene explorer.…Open that up, open up the reference node here.…You'll see we've got hips.…The hips are the parent of the whole skeleton.…Double-click on the hips, and that will…select all of the hierarchy.…Then we can close the scene explorer.…Then go into the application menu,…and choose export, game exporter.…In the game exporter dialogue,…go to the animation clips tab.…
Once again, we have the ability to create…
AuthorAaron F. Ross
- New viewport display menus
- Using the standalone Asset Library
- Visualizing computational fluid dynamics
- Exporting to Print Studio for 3D printing
- Saving models and animation with the Game Exporter
- Building complex objects with new Booleans
- Modeling and mapping with new TextPlus primitive
- Editing keyframes with new Curve Editor tools
- Applying skin weights with Voxel and Heat Map solvers
- Mapping spline textures with shape maps
- Simulating surfaces with Physical Material
- Rendering with ART
- Rendering in the cloud with A360
Skill Level Intermediate
Up and Running with mental ray in 3ds Maxwith Brian Bradley4h 7m Intermediate
3ds Max 2016 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross10h 44m Beginner
1. The New 3ds Max Interface
2. Assets and Interoperability
3. Modeling and Animation
4. Materials and Mapping
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.