Control rotations in each axis separately.
- [Instructor] Earlier in the course I talked about…the importance of rotating in the…Gimbal reference coordinate system.…That's going to apply now as well with a free camera.…If you don't work in the Gimbal coordinate system,…then you're probably going to have big, big problems…with rotating a free camera.…Let me demonstrate.…I'll grab the Rotate tool.…I've got different coordinate systems here.…I've got the View coordinate system by default.…As we learned earlier in a Prospective view,…that's going to correspond to the World coordinates.…
I'll select my Physical Camera.…I notice in that View coordinate system,…the rotation axes do not line up with the object.…If I want to, for example, tilt up or down,…I actually can't tilt along the line of sight of the camera.…Weird things are going to happen if I try to rotate…in View coordinate system.…And that of course is World coordinates here…in the Prospective view.…So I'll undo that with CTRL + Z.…Most people would think that you could…just use Local coordinates and that would be fine,…
AuthorAaron F. Ross
Learn how to get around the 3ds Max interface and customize it to suit your preferences. Discover how to model different objects using splines, polygons, subdivision surfaces, and freeform sculpting. Then, learn to construct hierarchies, add cameras and lights, and animate with keyframes. Author Aaron F. Ross also takes an in-depth look at materials and texture mapping, as well as options for rendering engines such as Arnold and ART.
- Customizing the interface
- Selecting, duplicating, and editing objects
- Modeling with splines
- Parametric modeling with the Modifier Stack
- Polygon and subdivision surface modeling
- Freeform sculpting
- Framing shots with cameras
- Lighting with photometrics and daylight
- Building materials
- Mapping textures
- Linking objects in hierarchies
- Creating and editing keyframes
- Rendering an image sequence
Skill Level Intermediate
3ds Max 2017: Advanced Materialswith Aaron F. Ross2h 34m Intermediate
3ds Max 2018 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross10h 10m Beginner
2. 3ds Max Interface
3. Scene Layout
4. Spline Modeling
5. Parametric Modeling with Modifiers
6. Polygon Modeling
7. Subdivision Surface Modeling
8. Freeform Modeling
9. Camera Techniques
12. Mapping Textures
14. Keyframe Animation
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.