In this video, learn how to set up camera path animation.
- [Instructor] An architectural walkthrough is a…standard form of visualization that can be…highly effective in communicating a sense of…space to an audience.…A simple animation rig gives the designer…the ability to direct that animation while…freeing her or him from the task of…micromanaging all the position…rotation values manually.…Setting up a good walkthrough involves…more than just putting the camera on a path.…If the camera is directly constrained to a…motion path or spline curve,…its rotations will either follow the tangent…of the curve or the camera will…not rotate at all.…
If the camera follows the curve…it rotates so that its line of sight…stays tangential to the curve.…The camera always points directly…in the direction of travel.…The camera can't turn side to side or…up and down as it travels.…This is very unnatural and gives the…effect of tunnel vision.…We need to animate the camera,…even just a little bit so that it's not…always looking straight ahead.…If we disable automatic rotations…from the path,…then we need to animate rotations manually.…
AuthorAaron F. Ross
- Choosing a visualization app
- Managing assets
- Shading with materials and textures
- Daylighting, practical lighting, and studio lighting
- Lightbox and macro photography
- Vehicles and large-scale objects
- Architecture and interior design
- Technical illustrations
- Rendering passes and light groups
- Rendering for print, prepress, and broadcast
- Animating turntables and orbits
- Rigging and animating a walkthrough
Skill Level Beginner
3ds Max 2017: Advanced Lightingwith Aaron F. Ross2h 52m Advanced
3ds Max 2017: Advanced Materialswith Aaron F. Ross2h 34m Intermediate
3ds Max 2018 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross10h 10m Beginner
1. Preparation and Layout
2. Lighting and Shading
4. Rendering and Image Manipulation
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.