Simplify animation by linking a camera to a helper.
- [Instructor] In some cases we can animate…the camera objective directly.…And in other cases,…we'll want to rely upon some form of rig or helper object…to make our work easier and simpler.…In this case, I've got a camera that I wish to track,…or truck from left to right.…And here is the camera's view.…Let's select the camera in the top view port,…grab the move tool,…and switch it over into the most intuitive of the…reference coordinates systems in this case.…
And that would be the local coordinates system.…Go up to the pull down list, and choose local.…And again, this is the most intuitive one because now…the axes are aligned with the camera itself.…And it makes sense.…If I want to track or truck left to right,…I would animate in the X axis in local space.…And that looks good in the physical…camera panel here, looks nice.…Okay, so I want to animate that.…
But doing things the most intuitive…way is not always the best or most efficient.…If we animate in the local X axis here,…the animation curves will store a movement in world space.…
AuthorAaron F. Ross
- Improving productivity in the viewports
- Customizing display and camera options
- Rigging a camera for animation
- Controlling and keyframing rotations
- Prioritizing pan, tilt, and roll axis order
- Keyframing camera movement such as pan and dolly
- Keyframing compound camera movement
- Animating a camera crane or jib arm
- Animating a walk-through with Path Constraint
- Projecting an isometric view
- Defining motion blur parameters
- Blurring by distance with depth of field
Skill Level Advanced
3ds Max 2017 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross9h 50m Intermediate
3ds Max 2017: Advanced Lightingwith Aaron F. Ross2h 52m Advanced
3ds Max 2017: Advanced Materialswith Aaron F. Ross2h 34m Intermediate
1. Viewport Tips and Tricks
2. Working with Cameras
3. Rigging and Animation
4. Compound Camera Animation
5. Special Effects
Next steps1m 2s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.