Create a line for a walkthrough path.
- [Instructor] In the next few movies,…we'll learn how to create a camera walkthrough animation…by attaching the camera to a spline curve…using a path constraint.…We'll set this up in an optimal manner to maximize…our creative freedom and also to avoid some…of the common issues that can occur with a path constraint.…Let's begin by reviewing the camera setup…that we've seen so far in this course.…I created a physical camera.…I'll select it and go to the Modify panel.…
I immediately disabled its target.…Then I change its Rotation Order in the Motion panel.…In the Rotation section,…I've chosen the Euler Parameters Axis Order of ZXZ.…Then I rotated the camera in Gimbal mode…to the starting orientation I desired.…Choose the Rotate tool…and switch the reference coordinate system over to Gimbal.…I wanted the camera to start off facing in the world y-axis.…
So I set X to zero, Y to 90, and X to zero.…Then I created a point helper…and linked the camera to that point helper.…If we select the point helper, it's named Camera Helper,…
AuthorAaron F. Ross
- Improving productivity in the viewports
- Customizing display and camera options
- Rigging a camera for animation
- Controlling and keyframing rotations
- Prioritizing pan, tilt, and roll axis order
- Keyframing camera movement such as pan and dolly
- Keyframing compound camera movement
- Animating a camera crane or jib arm
- Animating a walk-through with Path Constraint
- Projecting an isometric view
- Defining motion blur parameters
- Blurring by distance with depth of field
Skill Level Advanced
3ds Max 2017 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross9h 50m Intermediate
3ds Max 2017: Advanced Lightingwith Aaron F. Ross2h 52m Advanced
3ds Max 2017: Advanced Materialswith Aaron F. Ross2h 34m Intermediate
1. Viewport Tips and Tricks
2. Working with Cameras
3. Rigging and Animation
4. Compound Camera Animation
5. Special Effects
Next steps1m 2s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.