Model a surface of revolution.
- [Instructor] A surface of revolution…is a 3D object that is created by revolving…a spline around an axis.…And in 3ds Max this is called a Laithe.…We'll use that to create the plug…for this power cord.…I'll get in closer in the left view,…maximize it with alt W,…and use the middle mouse and the wheel…to get in quite close until…we are at the scale of just a couple of centimeters…on the screen here.…And we'll make a line to be revolved for the Laithe.…
Go to the create panel,…to shapes,…and click line.…And we're just going to draw this free form,…it doesn't even really matter where we draw it…as long as it's here in the left view…and at the correct scale.…So, just click to create an end point,…click and drag to create a busy A point,…click over to create another corner point,…and then click again to create a corner point.…
Click and drag to make a busy A point,…and then one final corner point,…just click.…And then when you have all of those,…right click to exit that curve…and then right click once again…to exit the line tool.…
AuthorAaron F. Ross
Learn how to get around the 3ds Max interface and customize it to suit your preferences. Discover how to model different objects using splines, polygons, subdivision surfaces, and freeform sculpting. Then, learn to construct hierarchies, add cameras and lights, and animate with keyframes. Author Aaron F. Ross also takes an in-depth look at materials and texture mapping, as well as options for rendering engines such as Arnold and ART.
- Customizing the interface
- Selecting, duplicating, and editing objects
- Modeling with splines
- Parametric modeling with the Modifier Stack
- Polygon and subdivision surface modeling
- Freeform sculpting
- Framing shots with cameras
- Lighting with photometrics and daylight
- Building materials
- Mapping textures
- Linking objects in hierarchies
- Creating and editing keyframes
- Rendering an image sequence
Skill Level Intermediate
3ds Max 2017: Advanced Materialswith Aaron F. Ross2h 34m Intermediate
3ds Max 2018 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross10h 10m Beginner
2. 3ds Max Interface
3. Scene Layout
4. Spline Modeling
5. Parametric Modeling with Modifiers
6. Polygon Modeling
7. Subdivision Surface Modeling
8. Freeform Modeling
9. Camera Techniques
12. Mapping Textures
14. Keyframe Animation
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.