Join Brian Bradley for an in-depth discussion in this video Reviewing the simulation with an animation sequence, part of MassFX and 3ds Max: Creating Simulations (2013).
Although we have now baked our MassFX simulation down to standard 3ds Max…animation keyframes, there is still another step we need to take before we can…be certain that we're reviewing the motion completely accurately.…As with a live simulation, animation playback in our 3D application's viewport is…dependent on both power and setup of the hardware and software we're using.…For this reason, it will always be safest if we review our motion after having…rendered out a preview animation.…In 3ds Max, this is just a fast way of capturing animation playback…using viewport settings.…
The brilliant thing here is that we can match our final frames-per-second…output requirements without getting anywhere near the time needed to create a final render.…Rendering out an animated sequence file, or preview as it used to be called in…3ds Max, is very easy in the 2013 version.…All we need to do is come up to the Tools menu, come down to Grab Viewport, and…from the flyout, choose Create Animated Sequence File.…
- Setting up your 3ds Max project
- Understanding volume, mass, and density
- Learning the difference between concave and convex meshes
- Discovering Ground Collision and Gravity
- Baking out a simulation for rendering
- Adding an animation override
- Adding Rigid constraints and creating breakability
- Creating springy targets with the Hinge constraint
- Spinning targets with Twist
- Working with mCloth
- Putting a rip in mCloth
- Adding forces to a simulation
- Using fracture geometry in mParticles
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Dynamics Simulation 101: Understanding the Basics
2. The MassFX Approach
3. Working with Rigid Bodies
4. Making Use of Constraints
5. Working with mCloth
6. Using Forces with MassFX
Using forces with mCloth3m 47s
7. A Brief Introduction to mParticles
What's next?1m 5s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.