Manage links to external files such as bitmaps.
- [Instructor] As I mentioned a few times…through the course, any dependent files,…such as bitmaps or vector art…should be inside the current project,…and you should correctly link to files…within the current project.…But sometimes, despite our best intentions,…assets get lost or paths get mangled.…Let me show you how to fix it…when 3ds Max can't find the dependent files.…So I'll open up the scene,…File, Open,…and it's down at the bottom here,…12_07_asset_tracking,…open that,…and we get a Missing External Files dialogue.…
And this is saying that my PNG file is missing.…Okay, well, what should I do now?…Well, you have some buttons down here.…Remove All is extremely dangerous,…it's going to annihilate all references…to all dependent bitmaps and textures.…So you don't want to do that.…Browse is kind of deceptive,…and it may lull you into a false sense of security.…If you click Browse, what you're actually doing…is defining a user path in the 3ds Max configuration…so that it will go looking in this special folder…that you specify to find textures.…
AuthorAaron F. Ross
Learn how to get around the 3ds Max interface and customize it to suit your preferences. Discover how to model different objects using splines, polygons, subdivision surfaces, and freeform sculpting. Then, learn to construct hierarchies, add cameras and lights, and animate with keyframes. Author Aaron F. Ross also takes an in-depth look at materials and texture mapping, as well as options for rendering engines such as Arnold and ART.
- Customizing the interface
- Selecting, duplicating, and editing objects
- Modeling with splines
- Parametric modeling with the Modifier Stack
- Polygon and subdivision surface modeling
- Freeform sculpting
- Framing shots with cameras
- Lighting with photometrics and daylight
- Building materials
- Mapping textures
- Linking objects in hierarchies
- Creating and editing keyframes
- Rendering an image sequence
Skill Level Intermediate
3ds Max 2017: Advanced Materialswith Aaron F. Ross2h 34m Intermediate
3ds Max 2018 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross10h 10m Beginner
2. 3ds Max Interface
3. Scene Layout
4. Spline Modeling
5. Parametric Modeling with Modifiers
6. Polygon Modeling
7. Subdivision Surface Modeling
8. Freeform Modeling
9. Camera Techniques
12. Mapping Textures
14. Keyframe Animation
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.