Join Aaron F. Ross for an in-depth discussion in this video Resolving file paths, part of Advanced 3ds Max and Maya Integration.
- We've adjusted the lighting and textures in our Maya scene…and everything's rendering wonderfully.…However, there's one little issue that we need to look into…and that is the textures are still pathed…to the 3dsMaxProject.…In other words, the current MayaProject…is looking into the 3dsMaxProject…to find these textures.…That's not really a good data structure.…We should keep all of our textures within the MayaProject.…We can easily correct the paths…and also, optionally move the files…into the MayaProject using the file path editor.…
I'll select any object that has a bitmap texture…such as the ground plane here.…Go over to the Attribute Editor, control A.…In the Material, go to one of the Color or Bumpnodes.…If I click here and use the arrows,…you can see that we've got a link…to the 3dsMaxProject.…OK, so let's fix this.…Go into the Window menu and choose General Editors,…File Path Editor.…
It looks like everything's OK.…We're getting green check boxes here,…meaning that 17 files have been resolved,…but they're being resolved to the 3dsMaxProject…
AuthorAaron F. Ross
- Managing and tracking assets
- Setting up a shared texture library
- Streamlining user interfaces
- Using Maya mode hotkeys in 3ds Max
- Harmonizing scene units and frame rates
- Rendering procedural textures to bitmaps
- Translating scenes with the FBX file format
- Correcting materials, lighting, and surfaces
- Using the Send To command
- Baking animation to keyframes
- Saving a geometry cache
- Distilling complex animation with Alembic
Skill Level Advanced
3ds Max 2015 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross10h 43m Beginner
Creating Product Shots in 3ds Maxwith Aaron F. Ross4h 31m Intermediate
1. Managing Assets
Asset tracking in 3ds Max4m 19s
2. Harmonizing Preferences
3. Transferring Materials
4. Transferring Models and Animation
5. Transferring Data with Alembic
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.