Join Brian Bradley for an in-depth discussion in this video Resolution tweak, part of 3ds Max: Substance to Arnold.
- [Narrator] What we want to do in this particular video…is make a quick and easy tweak to the quality of the render…that we are getting from Arnold…at this point in the project.…Now we did mention back in the previous chapter…that whilst we do have the ability to increase…the resolution of our substance graph…before outputting it from Designer,…which would in turn increase the quality…of the renders that we are getting from it,…a much more sensible approach is to make…those kinds of changes right here in 3ds Max itself.…To that end then, let's open up the Material Editor…if it isn't already open and in the wall material tab…double-click to load our substance options…into the parameter editor, where in the…output settings rollout we can see that we are…currently using a substance resolution of 512 by 512.…
Making sure that we have a check in the lock ratio box…then, seeing as I am going to want these numbers…to be edited in tandem, let's set a new resolution…of 2048 by 2048 to match our ground material.…And once the material editor tells us that…
- Why should we use substances?
- Choosing a substance workflow
- Using Bitmap2Material in 3ds Max
- Building up your material
- Working with substances and maps from the Designer application
- Using a substance with Arnold
- Improving your substance results
- Exporting your map types
Skill Level Intermediate
3ds Max 2018 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross10h 10m Beginner
Substance Painter Essential Trainingwith Wes McDermott5h 55m Appropriate for all
1. An Overview of the Substance Toolset
2. Using Bitmap2Material inside 3ds Max
3. Working with Substances from the Designer Application
4. Working with Maps from the Designer Application
5. Working with Maps from the Painter Application
Next steps1m 25s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.