Join Zaheer Mukhtar for an in-depth discussion in this video Reshaping planks for a triangular roof, part of 3ds Max: Stylized Environment for Animation.
- [Instructor] Now that we're done…with the roof portion, I would like to take you through…something a bit more complex,…and it's this part over here.…Now, what I see, there is…triangular shape on all four sides,…and the planks need to…sit right on the triangular shape.…So, one quick way would be…I select this portion, hold Shift, drag,…make a copy, and bring that down.…Now, for this, I will be using…these planks here,…and I have, actually, them as separate pieces,…and did exactly the same way I…made the other ones, here, for the roof.…
I'm going to select all these planks, hold Alt + Q,…and then any of this plank being selected,…I will go to Modify panel,…and hit this Attach button,…the small box in front of Attach,…and I will only see the planks,…or the geometry that is visible in the screen.…So, I'm going to select everything,…and hit attach, and it's going to make…this as one piece, and I will center the…pivot to the object.…In fact, I will just move it…to this side, here,…and there is a reason for that.…
Let me just explain that.…
First, Zaheer explores artistic ways to block out the basic forms of your structure, such as using exaggerated proportions and irregular, tilted shapes. Next, he shows how to add details to the forms. Then he demonstrates how to add the more stylized elements including textures, imported materials, color refinements, and lighting. He wraps up the course by wrapping up the workflow, making final render passes and preparing the scene for export. Along the way, he covers art creation, modeling, compositing, and more.
- Exploring the elements of stylization
- Analyzing a reference image
- Blocking out basic shapes
- Reshaping forms
- Creating details
- Creating stylized elements
- Creating materials in 3ds Max
- Color correcting materials
- Preparing materials for export
- Importing elements into a scene
- Adding lights to a scene
- Setting up V-Ray Renderer
- Fixing issues with renders and lights
- Compositing render passes in Photoshop
Skill Level Intermediate
3ds Max 2017 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross9h 48m Appropriate for all
1. Blocking Out Basic Shapes
2. Adding Details to Basic Shapes
3. Creating Stylized Details
4. Creating Textures, Exporting, and Rendering
Next steps1m 54s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.