In this video, learn how to render at print resolution.
- [Instructor] Printed images generally require…higher resolution than images for video or web.…Additionally, the way resolution is handled…is different for print.…A printed image has a fixed physical size…that is independent of its resolution or pixel dimensions.…The printed size of an image is controlled by…a numerical setting within the file,…the pixels per inch, or PPI.…This is sometimes confused with DPI, or dots per inch.…DPI measures the dots per inch of printer ink or toner.…
A dot of toner or ink is not a pixel.…A pixel is usually composed of many dots,…so DPI values are usually higher than PPI values.…An image at 600 PPI will print out the same size…on a printer with 600 DPI and a printer with 2400 DPI.…Some 3D rendering apps provide…a handy tool to calculate print sizes,…but designers and engineers…still need to know how PPI works.…
When a bitmap image is printed,…each pixel must have some size.…It must take up some area on the page.…An image with a fixed resolution prints out large…when the PPI setting is low,…
AuthorAaron F. Ross
- Choosing a visualization app
- Managing assets
- Shading with materials and textures
- Daylighting, practical lighting, and studio lighting
- Lightbox and macro photography
- Vehicles and large-scale objects
- Architecture and interior design
- Technical illustrations
- Rendering passes and light groups
- Rendering for print, prepress, and broadcast
- Animating turntables and orbits
- Rigging and animating a walkthrough
Skill Level Beginner
3ds Max 2017: Advanced Lightingwith Aaron F. Ross2h 52m Advanced
3ds Max 2017: Advanced Materialswith Aaron F. Ross2h 34m Intermediate
3ds Max 2018 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross10h 10m Beginner
3ds Max: Rendering with Arnold (2017)with Aaron F. Ross2h 40m Intermediate
1. Preparation and Layout
2. Lighting and Shading
4. Rendering and Image Manipulation
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.