In this video, learn the basic workflow for using the State Set tools in a compositing-based pipeline.
- [Instructor] Having settled power scene … with a rendering for compositing workflow in mind, … all that remains now before getting to that event … is to set up the render options … that we want applied to our final images, … which does of course, … mean making some of the important workflow choices … that we spoke about earlier on in the course, … choices such as the file type that we will render to. … And of course, how we ultimately want to handle … our elements in the camp. … In terms of the file type then, … seeing as I have already noted my preference … for working pretty much … exclusively with floating point files in post, … the open XR format seems to be the way to go. … Only in this instance, … in order to keep the exercise files download … as small and as flexible as possible, … I am going to use the 16, … rather than my preferred 32-bit option here. … We will also need to decide … whether we will make use of multichannel files … with all of the elements embedded into them, …
This course was created by Brian Bradley. We are pleased to offer this training in our library.
- Why use render elements in 3ds Max
- Output options in V-Ray Next and 3ds Max
- Using state sets for rendering in passes
- Compositing lighting and other beauty pass elements
- Exploring the render elements in depth
- Compositing an animated sequence from start to finish
Skill Level Intermediate
V-Ray Next for 3ds Max Essential Trainingwith Brian Bradley6h 13m Intermediate
3ds Max 2019: Advanced Lightingwith Aaron F. Ross3h 36m Advanced
3ds Max 2019: Advanced Materialswith Aaron F. Ross2h 37m Advanced
3ds Max and V-Ray: Exterior Lighting and Renderingwith George Maestri1h 35m Intermediate
3ds Max and V-Ray: Residential Exterior Materialswith George Maestri2h 27m Intermediate
1. Rendering for Compositing
2. An Introduction to State Sets
3. Working with the Beauty Pass Elements
4. A Deeper Dive into Render Elements
5. Project: Working with an Animated Sequence
6. Compositing in After Effects
Next steps1m 52s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.