Whilst we may have State Sets for our Matte passes all set up and ready to work with, we still need to add the State Sets that will handle our final beauty and render element output. Getting these not only setup, but done so correctly, will be critical to the success of our project.
- [Voiceover] Whilst the output for our doll mat…passes has been set up and ready to work with…in state sets, we certainly don't have anything…that will help us render out our beauty passes…or, more importantly, the render elements…that we need.…The very next thing we want to do, then,…is create two new states for ourselves,…calling the first "dolly shot,"…and the second "truck shot."…Jumping into the dolly shot state,…we can set both the file name and output destination…by creating a new dolly shot folder,…naming our files dollyshot_.exr,…and then clicking save.…
In the exr dialogue that appears,…we can choose the full float 32 bit option,…and also set up any other options…that may be needed for our pipeline here,…so it shows whether or not the exr files…are stored in scam line or tiled format,…something that can be very important to get right…depending on the compositing software…that we or our team are using.…We need to set our time output to…active time segment, set the render…resolution to 854 by 480,…and then, in the V Ray RT tab,…
- What is V-Ray RT?
- Using RT as an ActiveShade renderer
- Taking the options further
- Setting up a V-Ray RT project in 3ds Max
- Adding geometry and cameras
- Creating animation with V-Ray RT
- Setting up a particle system and deflectors
- Adding lighting
- Texturing and adding materials
- Adding render elements
- Adjusting render element parameters
- Compositing in After Effects
Skill Level Intermediate
Up and Running with mental ray in 3ds Maxwith Brian Bradley4h 7m Intermediate
Creating Product Shots in 3ds Maxwith Aaron F. Ross3h 25m Intermediate
1. Introduction to V-Ray RT
2. Project—Setting Up the Scene
3. Project—Creating Animation
4. Project—Setting up the Lighting
5. Project—Working with Materials
6. Project—Working with V-Ray RT & Render Elements
7. Project—Compositing in After Effects
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.