Once we close in on the final stages of a rendering project when using 3ds Max and V-Ray RT, we will need to start thinking about the settings that we will need to put in place. We will also need to answer questions such as how our render elements will be handled, and what file types we want to render to.
- [Voiceover] Having tweaked up most aspects…of our scene ready for rendering, all that remains now,…before getting to that event, is to set up all of the render…options that we will want to use, which actually means…that we now need to make some pretty important…workflow choices, choices such as the file type…that we will render to, and how we want to handle…our render elements, both of which will, of course,…ultimately affect how we work with the finished footage…in our compositing application.…In terms of file type then, seeing as I like to work…pretty much exclusively with 32-bit floating-point files…in post, the OpenEXR format seems the way to go, given that…it is not only a powerful and versatile file type,…but, perhaps more importantly, is universally supported…in high-end compositing applications.…
In terms of the render elements themselves, we need to…decide whether or not we will make use…of multi-channel files, so EXRs that have all…of the elements embedded in them, or do we prefer…to separate each element into its own image sequence?…
- What is V-Ray RT?
- Using RT as an ActiveShade renderer
- Taking the options further
- Setting up a V-Ray RT project in 3ds Max
- Adding geometry and cameras
- Creating animation with V-Ray RT
- Setting up a particle system and deflectors
- Adding lighting
- Texturing and adding materials
- Adding render elements
- Adjusting render element parameters
- Compositing in After Effects
Skill Level Intermediate
Up and Running with mental ray in 3ds Maxwith Brian Bradley4h 7m Intermediate
Creating Product Shots in 3ds Maxwith Aaron F. Ross3h 25m Intermediate
1. Introduction to V-Ray RT
2. Project—Setting Up the Scene
3. Project—Creating Animation
4. Project—Setting up the Lighting
5. Project—Working with Materials
6. Project—Working with V-Ray RT & Render Elements
7. Project—Compositing in After Effects
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.