Define motion blur parameters for rendering.
- [Teacher] Motion blur is very important…for animations in which objects are moving quickly…on the screen.…Without motion blur, your renderings will have…a characteristic strobing effect.…We can see that in the camera view here…just by pressing Play…and observing in this view.…We've got very discreet edges on everything,…and, because of that, the motion feels a bit staccato,…feels a bit disjointed.…We need to blur the edges of things…as they pass by very quickly on the screen.…
The application of motion blur will differ,…depending upon your renderer.…If you're using a current generation software renderer…such as V-Ray or Mental Ray or Arnold.…You'll want to use the motion blur parameters available…within that renderer's settings.…Additionally for those newer renderers,…you can use the physical camera to set up motion blur.…I've actually got two cameras in my scene here,…both a physical and a standard.…Let's look at the physical camera parameters first…in the camera view port.…
Click on the name of the camera,…and then choose Cameras, PhysCamera001,…
AuthorAaron F. Ross
- Improving productivity in the viewports
- Customizing display and camera options
- Rigging a camera for animation
- Controlling and keyframing rotations
- Prioritizing pan, tilt, and roll axis order
- Keyframing camera movement such as pan and dolly
- Keyframing compound camera movement
- Animating a camera crane or jib arm
- Animating a walk-through with Path Constraint
- Projecting an isometric view
- Defining motion blur parameters
- Blurring by distance with depth of field
Skill Level Advanced
3ds Max 2017 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross9h 50m Appropriate for all
3ds Max: Advanced Materials (2017)with Aaron F. Ross2h 34m Intermediate
3ds Max: Advanced Lighting (2017)with Aaron F. Ross2h 52m Advanced
1. Viewport Tips and Tricks
2. Working with Cameras
3. Rigging and Animation
4. Compound Camera Animation
5. Special Effects
Next steps1m 2s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.