Join Aaron F. Ross for an in-depth discussion in this video Rendering with mental ray, part of Learning RealFlow.
- Once we've imported our bin sequence…and set the RealFlow render kit mesh attributes,…we're ready to render in mental ray,…but we need to assign a material that looks like water.…Select the RealFlow mesh object…and assign a new material.…Right-click and choose Assign New Material.…And in the Assign New Material dialogue,…choose mental ray, Materials.…What we want is mia_material_x_passes.…Click on that.…
The Attribute Editor opens up,…and we wanna scroll over using the arrows…and find that material node.…Select it and rename it.…I'll call it water_mia.…And choose a Preset.…You'll see Presets here.…Click and hold that.…You'll be tempted to choose Water,…but that's not the one you want.…That's for open bodies of water,…like oceans and ponds.…In this case, we want GlassSolid.…Choose GlassSolid Replace.…
You'll see it's got a blue tint.…Just change the color.…Click on that color swatch and set it to white,…and also adjust the index of Refraction.…It's set to 1.5 for glass.…For water, we want it down to 1.333,…and press enter.…
AuthorAaron F. Ross
You'll learn how to create small-scale effects with standard particles, create free-flowing water effects with the Hybrido solver, and simulate open bodies of water such as oceans and ponds with RealWave. Author Aaron F. Ross also shows how to control interactions between objects and fluids with Caronte, the rigid- and soft-body physics engine included with RealFlow.
- Understanding the RealFlow pipeline
- Importing scenes from other 3D programs
- Emitting standard particles
- Caching data
- Simulating a Hybrido fluid
- Creating a Caronte rigid body
- Converting particles and fluids to mesh
- Exporting scenes
- Rendering with mental ray
Skill Level Intermediate
Creating Product Shots in 3ds Maxwith Aaron F. Ross3h 25m Intermediate
3ds Max 2015 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross10h 43m Beginner
1. Getting Familiar with RealFlow
2. Particle Simulation
3. Hybrido Simulation
4. RealWave with Caronte Rigid-Body Simulation
5. Interoperability with 3D Applications
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.