In this video, learn how to render lights separately.
- [Instructor] Another way to art direct renderings…in post-production is with light groups.…Some advanced renderers automate the process…of rendering different groups of lights as separate files.…When these light group renderings…are combined in post-processing,…the final result is exactly the same…as if the lights had all been rendered together…in a single pass.…This opens up many creative possibilities,…streamlines revisions, and also makes the process…of architectural lighting studies that much easier.…
There's no need to render many different versions…of a scene with different lighting schemes.…We can render all of the lights at once…and instantly enable or disable groups of lights in post.…The basic process is to place individual lights in groups…and render the groups to separate render passes.…This is handled with AOVs, arbitrary output variables,…which are render passes that can carry…many different types of information.…Once the light groups have been rendered out…as separate passes, they can be combined…
AuthorAaron F. Ross
- Choosing a visualization app
- Managing assets
- Shading with materials and textures
- Daylighting, practical lighting, and studio lighting
- Lightbox and macro photography
- Vehicles and large-scale objects
- Architecture and interior design
- Technical illustrations
- Rendering passes and light groups
- Rendering for print, prepress, and broadcast
- Animating turntables and orbits
- Rigging and animating a walkthrough
Skill Level Beginner
3ds Max 2017: Advanced Lightingwith Aaron F. Ross2h 52m Advanced
3ds Max 2017: Advanced Materialswith Aaron F. Ross2h 34m Intermediate
3ds Max 2018 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross10h 10m Beginner
3ds Max: Rendering with Arnold (2017)with Aaron F. Ross2h 40m Intermediate
1. Preparation and Layout
2. Lighting and Shading
4. Rendering and Image Manipulation
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.