In this video, learn how to render video as an image sequence.
- [Instructor] Rendering for print is time…and processor intensive due to high resolution demands…of the print medium.…A still image might take all day to render.…Rendering for video is also time…and processor intensive in its own way…due to high frame counts.…Render time optimization and resource management become…critical concerns when rendering animation.…It's important to know how long each frame takes to render…and to do the math to find out how long…the whole animation will take.…
Then you can figure out if you need to adjust…your expectations of image quality and change lighting…or render settings to reduce calculation time…or maybe rent more nodes on a render farm network…or whatever you need to do.…But you need to know how long your render is going to take…before you begin the process.…As a point of reference, a single frame…of a Hollywood animated movie conventionally takes…about 30 minutes to render.…And that's for a single frame.…
That metric has stayed constant for decades.…Although rendering animation takes a long time,…
AuthorAaron F. Ross
- Choosing a visualization app
- Managing assets
- Shading with materials and textures
- Daylighting, practical lighting, and studio lighting
- Lightbox and macro photography
- Vehicles and large-scale objects
- Architecture and interior design
- Technical illustrations
- Rendering passes and light groups
- Rendering for print, prepress, and broadcast
- Animating turntables and orbits
- Rigging and animating a walkthrough
Skill Level Beginner
3ds Max 2017: Advanced Lightingwith Aaron F. Ross2h 52m Advanced
3ds Max 2017: Advanced Materialswith Aaron F. Ross2h 34m Intermediate
3ds Max 2018 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross10h 10m Beginner
1. Preparation and Layout
2. Lighting and Shading
4. Rendering and Image Manipulation
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.