Rendering Exteriors in 3ds Max
In this course, author Adam Crespi takes you through the full production pipeline for lighting, rendering, and compositing the exterior of a house in 3ds Max. First he'll show you how to create mental ray materials like wood, metal, and glass; customize the Daylight system for realistic daytime lighting; and adjust the lighting for dusk and nighttime shots with photometric lights. Then he'll render the scenes, optimizing and styling the bounced light with Global Illumination and Final Gather. Finally, Adam takes the image into post, adding the final polish required at the end of the pipeline with Nuke and After Effects.
- Creating exterior materials
- Adding luster to glass and subtle detail to wood and siding
- Positioning the sun with the Daylight system
- Lighting using HDR imagery
- Lighting interior spaces
- Fine-tuning the photographic exposure
- Rendering and optimizing rendering
- Creating an ambient-occlusion rendering pass with custom materials
- Setting up additional rendering passes for compositing purposes
- Compositing and adding post effects in Nuke and After Effects
- [Voiceover] Hi, I'm Adam Crespi and welcome to Rendering Exteriors in Autodesk 3ds Max. In this course, we'll look at a full pipe line for lighting, rendering and compositing the exterior of a house. I'll start by showing you how to create Mental Ray materials using the Mental Ray rendering engine. Then I'll show you how to create both the Mental Ray Daylight system and customize it, as well as, dusk or night lighting using photometric lights. We'll see how to render our scenes, optimizing and stylizing our bounce light using Global Illumination and Final Gather.
Finally, we'll take our rendered imagery into both Adobe After Effects and the Foundry's Nuke, for putting the final polish on in a composting and post centric pipeline. We'll be covering all these features, plus plenty of other tools and techniques. Now, let's get started with Exterior Rendering in Autodesk in 3ds Max.
3D Textures: Formed Concrete9,188 Views
Prototype and script.aculo.us Essential Training80,332 Views
Flash Builder 4.5 and Flex 4.5 New Features41,184 Views
Typography with CSS in Dreamweaver99,762 Views
Creating Printable 3D Art in Photoshop8,195 Views
3ds Max 2015 Essential Training515,189 Views
3ds Max 2013 Essential Training827,524 Views
Photoshop CC 2013 One-on-One: Fundamentals1,448,203 Views
Foundations of Photography: Exposure5,775,021 Views
After Effects CC Essential Training2,632,490 Views