In this video, learn what render elements are and how they connect with the points made in the previous video.
- [Instructor] Having already spoken … about why we might want to take advantage … of post production or compositing based approach … to working on our projects, … what we are going to focus on a little bit here … is the how this being by means of the render elements … functionality that can be found inside 3DS Max. … A set of tools that gives us the ability to output … a wide array of scene elements or components … for use in this workflow. … How so? … Well simply put, Render Elements give us the ability to … split apart the various aspects of a rendered image, … breaking it into it's component elements. … Imagine if you can, … the control that a painter would have over their art, … if they had the ability after the fact … to pick apart a finished piece, … separating out the various elements for further editing. … So maybe the colors used the brush types … and strokes applied, … and possibly even the compositional choices … that went into making the painting, what it is. … Well in a computer graphics image, …
This course was created by Brian Bradley. We are pleased to offer this training in our library.
- Why use render elements in 3ds Max
- Output options in V-Ray Next and 3ds Max
- Using state sets for rendering in passes
- Compositing lighting and other beauty pass elements
- Exploring the render elements in depth
- Compositing an animated sequence from start to finish
Skill Level Intermediate
V-Ray Next for 3ds Max Essential Trainingwith Brian Bradley6h 13m Intermediate
3ds Max 2019: Advanced Lightingwith Aaron F. Ross3h 36m Advanced
3ds Max 2019: Advanced Materialswith Aaron F. Ross2h 37m Advanced
3ds Max and V-Ray: Exterior Lighting and Renderingwith George Maestri1h 35m Intermediate
3ds Max and V-Ray: Residential Exterior Materialswith George Maestri2h 27m Intermediate
1. Rendering for Compositing
2. An Introduction to State Sets
3. Working with the Beauty Pass Elements
4. A Deeper Dive into Render Elements
5. Project: Working with an Animated Sequence
6. Compositing in After Effects
Next steps1m 52s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.