Clone an object with mirror reflection.
- [Instructor] The Mirror tool reflects an object…to produce left and right-hand versions.…It works with any object, not just polygons.…In this case, I'm going to apply a mirror…to create the other half of this single chair leg.…I've made an office chair,…and this is the base of the office chair,…and this is one of the five legs.…I need to create the other half of that leg.…Select the object…and on the main toolbar, we got the Mirror tool.…
Click on that button and we get the Mirror dialog box.…It's kind of hard to see, but up here at the top,…it's telling us what our reference for the mirror is,…what coordinate system are we in.…We're in the World coordinate system.…We can't actually make this dialog wider…to read all of that text,…but as long as it says World there, then we're okay.…There are two forms of mirror, Transform and Geometry.…You don't want to use the default Transform method…because frankly, it's kind of broken.…
You want to choose Geometry,…and what this is going to do is create a Mirror modifier,…
AuthorAaron F. Ross
Learn how to get around the 3ds Max interface and customize it to suit your preferences. Discover how to model different objects using splines, polygons, subdivision surfaces, and freeform sculpting. Then, learn to construct hierarchies, add cameras and lights, and animate with keyframes. Author Aaron F. Ross also takes an in-depth look at materials and texture mapping, as well as options for rendering engines such as Arnold and ART.
- Customizing the interface
- Selecting, duplicating, and editing objects
- Modeling with splines
- Parametric modeling with the Modifier Stack
- Polygon and subdivision surface modeling
- Freeform sculpting
- Framing shots with cameras
- Lighting with photometrics and daylight
- Building materials
- Mapping textures
- Linking objects in hierarchies
- Creating and editing keyframes
- Rendering an image sequence
Skill Level Appropriate for all
3ds Max 2018 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross10h 10m Beginner
3ds Max: Advanced Lighting (2017)with Aaron F. Ross2h 52m Advanced
3ds Max: Advanced Materials (2017)with Aaron F. Ross2h 34m Intermediate
2. 3ds Max Interface
3. Scene Layout
4. Spline Modeling
5. Parametric Modeling with Modifiers
6. Polygon Modeling
7. Subdivision Surface Modeling
8. Freeform Modeling
9. Camera Techniques
12. Mapping Textures
14. Keyframe Animation
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.