Join Joel Bradley for an in-depth discussion in this video Refining the wheel support model, part of Game Art: Model & UV Map a Low Poly Character.
- In this video we're going to work at adding some detailing…to the wheel support that we have been building.…To start let's add another Edit Poly modifier to the stack…and then quickly exit and re-enter Isolate mode.…Just so that we can clean up our view pod a little.…What we want to do then is right-click and rename…the Edit Poly modifier calling it, "Delete".…Come into Sub-Object mode and essentially…we want to delete all of the interior faces…on the bridged polygons here.…So, after selecting everything that we see…let's hit the Delete key.…
We can then add another Edit Poly modifier,…right clicking to name this one, "Connect".…Come into Edges of Object mode and click and drag…a marquee selection across this bottom piece.…And then we can come to the loops panel on the ribbon…and Shift + click on the connect tool.…Now we're going to be bridging the original…cylindrical section and this cross piece together,…and so we're going to want to set the segments…value on the UI to three so as to match the three…verticis that we can see on the bottom of our cylinder.…
- Gamma and scale
- Setting up a scene
- Creation and shaping
- Using symmetry modifiers
- UV mapping
- Using guide objects
- Detailing and finishing
- Refining a model
- Prepping a model
- Exporting a model
- Fixing issues
- Normal map baking
Skill Level Beginner
Creating a Stylized Wooden Crate Game Assetwith Joel Bradley2h 17m Intermediate
Creating a Environment Kit Design for Gameswith Christian Bradley2h 38m Appropriate for all
1. Modeling and Unwrapping the Drive Wheel Assembly
2. Building and UV Mapping the Wheels and Tread
3. Creating and Mapping the Head
4. Modeling and UV Mapping the Piston Assembly
5. Final Modeling, FBX Export, and Normal Map Baking
Next steps1m 41s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.