Join Brian Bradley for an in-depth discussion in this video Refining the simulation on the launchers, part of MassFX and 3ds Max: Creating Simulations (2013).
Unfortunately, our initial simulation run has revealed that we have a number of…issues that need to be resolved,…not least of which is the fact that our dynamic spheres are not only failing…to reach their targets, but they are in fact not even being caught by, nor--it…would seem--even rolling properly into our launcher tube geometry.…This obviously puts seriously kink in our simulation plans, as none of the…required interaction between dynamic objects can occur unless each step in the…process works correctly.…For this reason then, it seems sensible to start our refinement work on getting…the spheres into the launcher tubes themselves.…
To refresh our minds as to just what is happening at the moment, let's quickly…run the simulation for a recap.…As we can see, rather rolling nicely into the waiting launcher tubes, the first…spheres in line simply drop straight through the holding racks themselves.…If we just select one of the holding racks and make a quick inspection of the…static rigid body modifier's properties, it would seem that everything is…
- Setting up your 3ds Max project
- Understanding volume, mass, and density
- Learning the difference between concave and convex meshes
- Discovering Ground Collision and Gravity
- Baking out a simulation for rendering
- Adding an animation override
- Adding Rigid constraints and creating breakability
- Creating springy targets with the Hinge constraint
- Spinning targets with Twist
- Working with mCloth
- Putting a rip in mCloth
- Adding forces to a simulation
- Using fracture geometry in mParticles
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Dynamics Simulation 101: Understanding the Basics
2. The MassFX Approach
3. Working with Rigid Bodies
4. Making Use of Constraints
5. Working with mCloth
6. Using Forces with MassFX
Using forces with mCloth3m 47s
7. A Brief Introduction to mParticles
What's next?1m 5s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.