Join Brian Bradley for an in-depth discussion in this video Refining the simulation on the colliders, part of MassFX and 3ds Max: Creating Simulations (2013).
Having run through a refining pass on our launchers and ironed out a number of…simulation problems there,…it's time now to step through the rest of our rigid body simulation and take…care of any further issues that we maybe running into.…The first thing we would probably want to do of course is run our simulation…once again, just to get a clear idea of the issues that may exist.…If we just go into MassFX toolbar, we can hit the Start Simulation button and as…we examine the simulation, you can see, well, that there does appear to be quite a…number of issues that we will need to deal with.…
Our stacks of cans for instance are dropping straight through the stand,…which as a static rigid body ought to be colliding with, or more accurately, catching them.…It is also clear that our launch spheres are not in actual fact getting…anywhere near they cans themselves.…In fact, it looks as though they are running into some kind of invisible force field.…Finally, if we look carefully at the cans upon the shelves, we can see that they…
- Setting up your 3ds Max project
- Understanding volume, mass, and density
- Learning the difference between concave and convex meshes
- Discovering Ground Collision and Gravity
- Baking out a simulation for rendering
- Adding an animation override
- Adding Rigid constraints and creating breakability
- Creating springy targets with the Hinge constraint
- Spinning targets with Twist
- Working with mCloth
- Putting a rip in mCloth
- Adding forces to a simulation
- Using fracture geometry in mParticles
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Dynamics Simulation 101: Understanding the Basics
2. The MassFX Approach
3. Working with Rigid Bodies
4. Making Use of Constraints
5. Working with mCloth
6. Using Forces with MassFX
Using forces with mCloth3m 47s
7. A Brief Introduction to mParticles
What's next?1m 5s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.