Join Joel Bradley for an in-depth discussion in this video Refining the scoop, part of Game Art: Model & UV Map a Low Poly Character.
- With all of the basic shaping taken care of…it's time in this particular video…to add some detailing to the bottom of our scoop.…To do that, let's add a poly modifier to the stack…making sure it is sitting above the shell modifier…that we added in the previous exercise.…And then jumping into polygon mode…let's select one of the polygons on the front.…Holding down the shift key…we can hover our cursor over the polygon…either to the left or to the right of the selection.…What we should see…if we are using 3DS max 2017…is a yellow highlight that essentially previews for us…the loop that we are going to be selecting…meaning we can click and then release the shift key.…
If you are using a version of Max Prides 2017…you can of course still select the loop of polygons,…you just won't see the preview.…What we want to do now is inset our geometry…by a slight amount.…And so, let's shift click on the inset tool…and set an inset amount of about 1.3 cm.…And then click OK to lock our change into place.…Now obviously we will want to match the outline…
- Gamma and scale
- Setting up a scene
- Creation and shaping
- Using symmetry modifiers
- UV mapping
- Using guide objects
- Detailing and finishing
- Refining a model
- Prepping a model
- Exporting a model
- Fixing issues
- Normal map baking
Skill Level Beginner
Creating a Stylized Wooden Crate Game Assetwith Joel Bradley2h 17m Intermediate
Creating a Environment Kit Design for Gameswith Christian Bradley2h 38m Appropriate for all
1. Modeling and Unwrapping the Drive Wheel Assembly
2. Building and UV Mapping the Wheels and Tread
3. Creating and Mapping the Head
4. Modeling and UV Mapping the Piston Assembly
5. Final Modeling, FBX Export, and Normal Map Baking
Next steps1m 41s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.