Add edge loops to polygons.
- [Instructor] Swift loop…is a fun tool that lets us refine geometry…by adding edge loops anywhere on a polygon model.…And to see this most effectively,…I'm going to create the rest of the chair legs,…and I'm going to make them instances,…so that when I make changes on one, they will all update.…And I want to rotate this chair leg…in the top view port exactly 72 degrees,…because 360 divided by five is 72,…and we'll have five chair legs.…
I want to rotate precisely 72 degrees,…and also hold down the Shift key…at the same time, to make a clone.…And so to do that I can use angle snaps.…We have angle snaps on the main toolbar.…Enable that, by clicking the button,…or the hotkey which is A.…A turns angle snaps back on and off.…We also want to change up the angle snap value.…It's defaulted to five degrees.…Right-click on any one of the magnet icons,…go into the grid and snap settings options,…and set the angle parameter to two degrees.…
Press Enter, and close the dialog.…Select the object, and choose the rotate tool.…And notice that I've positioned the pivot point…
AuthorAaron F. Ross
Learn how to get around the 3ds Max interface and customize it to suit your preferences. Discover how to model different objects using splines, polygons, subdivision surfaces, and freeform sculpting. Then, learn to construct hierarchies, add cameras and lights, and animate with keyframes. Author Aaron F. Ross also takes an in-depth look at materials and texture mapping, as well as options for rendering engines such as Arnold and ART.
- Customizing the interface
- Selecting, duplicating, and editing objects
- Modeling with splines
- Parametric modeling with the Modifier Stack
- Polygon and subdivision surface modeling
- Freeform sculpting
- Framing shots with cameras
- Lighting with photometrics and daylight
- Building materials
- Mapping textures
- Linking objects in hierarchies
- Creating and editing keyframes
- Rendering an image sequence
Skill Level Intermediate
3ds Max 2017: Advanced Lightingwith Aaron F. Ross2h 52m Advanced
3ds Max 2017: Advanced Materialswith Aaron F. Ross2h 34m Intermediate
3ds Max 2018 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross10h 10m Beginner
2. 3ds Max Interface
3. Scene Layout
4. Spline Modeling
5. Parametric Modeling with Modifiers
6. Polygon Modeling
7. Subdivision Surface Modeling
8. Freeform Modeling
9. Camera Techniques
12. Mapping Textures
14. Keyframe Animation
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.