Join Brian Bradley for an in-depth discussion in this video Recreating the beauty pass, part of 3ds Max: Rendering for Compositing in V-Ray Next.
- [Tutor] With our render elements already saved … to DISCUS separated EXL files, the next thing … that we want to do is show how we could go … about putting them back together again, … inside a compositing application, which in this instance … is going to be Adobe Photoshop. … Although again, as already noted, everything that we do here … could just as easily be accomplished … using the same basic techniques … in any compositing application that we like. … Be that GIMP, After Effects, Nuke, … Fusion inside DaVinci Resolve, or even in Blender … using its very powerful compositing module. … To bring all of our rendered footage into Photoshop then, … all we need do is come to the file menu, … and then from the scripts fly out, … use the load files into stack command … and then from the dialogue that appears, … browse for and load our already saved render channel images. … We will want to drag the beauty render … to the top of the layer stack. … After which, we can turn the beauty layer off …
This course was created by Brian Bradley. We are pleased to offer this training in our library.
- Why use render elements in 3ds Max
- Output options in V-Ray Next and 3ds Max
- Using state sets for rendering in passes
- Compositing lighting and other beauty pass elements
- Exploring the render elements in depth
- Compositing an animated sequence from start to finish
Skill Level Intermediate
V-Ray Next for 3ds Max Essential Trainingwith Brian Bradley6h 13m Intermediate
3ds Max 2019: Advanced Lightingwith Aaron F. Ross3h 36m Advanced
3ds Max 2019: Advanced Materialswith Aaron F. Ross2h 37m Advanced
3ds Max and V-Ray: Exterior Lighting and Renderingwith George Maestri1h 35m Intermediate
3ds Max and V-Ray: Residential Exterior Materialswith George Maestri2h 27m Intermediate
1. Rendering for Compositing
2. An Introduction to State Sets
3. Working with the Beauty Pass Elements
4. A Deeper Dive into Render Elements
5. Project: Working with an Animated Sequence
6. Compositing in After Effects
Next steps1m 52s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.