You may think that when it comes to using V-Ray RT, there would be hundereds of options to choose from, just as there is when using its production renderer counterpart. The truth though, is that we only really need to focus on a few main options such as Samples, Time and also Noise Threshholds, which makes RT a very easy renderer to use indeed.
- [Voiceover] Despite what the V-Ray RT help documents…may say at the time of this recording,…we don't need to set RT as an active shade renderer…in 3ds Max in order to access RT specific rendering options.…Indeed, as soon as we set it up as the…production renderer in the render setup dialogue,…everything that we need in the way of options…can be seen sitting right here in front of us,…in the V-Ray tab that is, although we do need to…keep in mind that the two distinct modes of…V-Ray RT, so production and active shade,…both have unique and so mutually exclusive settings…which also include the resolution…and output options that can be found…in the render setup dialogues comment tab.…
Now seeing as the vast majority of…controls that we have in front of us here…work more or less, if not exactly the same as they do…in the production engine, we are going to skip over…most of the rollouts here and focus solely…on the RT specific options that can be found…inside the aptly named V-Ray RT rollout,…a few of which we have already come into contact with.…
- What is V-Ray RT?
- Using RT as an ActiveShade renderer
- Taking the options further
- Setting up a V-Ray RT project in 3ds Max
- Adding geometry and cameras
- Creating animation with V-Ray RT
- Setting up a particle system and deflectors
- Adding lighting
- Texturing and adding materials
- Adding render elements
- Adjusting render element parameters
- Compositing in After Effects
Skill Level Intermediate
Creating Product Shots in 3ds Maxwith Aaron F. Ross4h 31m Intermediate
1. Introduction to V-Ray RT
2. Project—Setting Up the Scene
3. Project—Creating Animation
4. Project—Setting up the Lighting
5. Project—Working with Materials
6. Project—Working with V-Ray RT & Render Elements
7. Project—Compositing in After Effects
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.