- [Voiceover] For the start of this exercise,…I've gone back to an earlier version of our Start scene.…So, from before we started hacking into our nail model.…Because, what we want to do now…is start duplicating and placing it…around our crate facade, here.…And before we instance copy the nail though,…and start putting it into place,…we're just going to select it,…come over to the Modifier List,…and type Smooth.…As what I want to do is apply a Smooth Modifier,…put a check in the Auto Smooth option,…and set the Threshold to a value of 35.…
This will give us a nice smooth surface…on the top of our nail…whilst leaving the really distinctive edge…fastening around the sides, in tact.…Again, this is an artistic choice…so you can apply, or not apply any smoothing that you wish.…With that done, let's, with our nail selected,…press W to engage the move tool,…and then hold down the Shift key…and slide this off to one side.…We're going to choose Instance, here…and then hold down the Control key…to select our second nail.…
Meaning, we now have both nails selected.…
- Modeling the wood frame
- Adding structural reinforcements
- Creating nails with primitives
- Unwrapping the wood and nails
- Combining UV elements
- Exporting the FBX file
- Creating the shader in Substance Designer
- Simulating weathering and edge wear
- Importing the mesh in Unreal Engine
- Applying the substance
Skill Level Intermediate
Modeling a Character in 3ds Maxwith Ryan Kittleson4h 31m Intermediate
3ds Max 2013 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross7h 9m Beginner
Learning CAT Rigging Tools in 3ds Maxwith Joel Bradley2h 33m Intermediate
1. Modeling the Wood
2. Nailing It All Together
3. Unwrapping & Exporting Geometry
4. Creating the Shader
5. Bringing It All Together in Unreal Engine 4
Importing the mesh3m 5s
What next?1m 53s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.