In this video, explore how to maintain links between files.
- [Instructor] 3D file formats require special attention…to asset management, which is a system…for organizing different file types, such as models,…material libraries, source images, and rendered output.…Nearly all 3D programs have some form…of asset management built in.…A common setup for a digital content creation app…is a project folder structure.…Different file types are stored in specially named folders…within a master folder or project.…
Project folders have many advantages.…The most fundamental of these…is the preservation of links between files.…A scene file must load a material texture file…in order to render an image.…If the texture is stored in the proper location…within the project, it should always be found.…Project folders generally use relative paths.…The location of the master project folder is not important.…All that matters is that the source files, such as textures,…are in their designated sub-folders within the project.…
This means that the entire project folder can be moved…or renamed, and the links inside the project are preserved.…
AuthorAaron F. Ross
- Choosing a visualization app
- Managing assets
- Shading with materials and textures
- Daylighting, practical lighting, and studio lighting
- Lightbox and macro photography
- Vehicles and large-scale objects
- Architecture and interior design
- Technical illustrations
- Rendering passes and light groups
- Rendering for print, prepress, and broadcast
- Animating turntables and orbits
- Rigging and animating a walkthrough
Skill Level Beginner
3ds Max 2017: Advanced Lightingwith Aaron F. Ross2h 52m Advanced
3ds Max 2017: Advanced Materialswith Aaron F. Ross2h 34m Intermediate
3ds Max 2018 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross10h 10m Beginner
1. Preparation and Layout
2. Lighting and Shading
4. Rendering and Image Manipulation
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.