Join Zaheer Mukhtar for an in-depth discussion in this video Preparing flowers and grass for export, part of 3ds Max: Stylized Environment for Animation.
- [Narrator] If you have access to the exercise files,…open Vegetation.max and you should be able to find…all these flowers and the grass that we created.…Now, I have gone ahead and created textures for the flowers.…The way you can texture them is depending on your project.…If you are using them just like me, way far in the scene,…just to break the monotony of grass and some other objects,…you can use plain colors such as red, yellow…or a mix of gradient inside 3ds Max.…
But if you're planning to put some of the flowers…near your camera, you want to have some details…onto your flowers.…You would need to go ahead and create some textures.…Now, let me show you the texture that I have created.…These are all basic textures and I have created exactly…the same way I created the texture for the leaf.…So, first this texture over here with Petal_02, has a name.…Let me just show you this texture.…This is a 1k texture, which is way too large than we need.…But I have given this to you, so you can reuse that,…if required on a larger flower.…
First, Zaheer explores artistic ways to block out the basic forms of your structure, such as using exaggerated proportions and irregular, tilted shapes. Next, he shows how to add details to the forms. Then he demonstrates how to add the more stylized elements including textures, imported materials, color refinements, and lighting. He wraps up the course by wrapping up the workflow, making final render passes and preparing the scene for export. Along the way, he covers art creation, modeling, compositing, and more.
- Exploring the elements of stylization
- Analyzing a reference image
- Blocking out basic shapes
- Reshaping forms
- Creating details
- Creating stylized elements
- Creating materials in 3ds Max
- Color correcting materials
- Preparing materials for export
- Importing elements into a scene
- Adding lights to a scene
- Setting up V-Ray Renderer
- Fixing issues with renders and lights
- Compositing render passes in Photoshop
Skill Level Intermediate
3ds Max 2017 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross9h 48m Appropriate for all
1. Blocking Out Basic Shapes
2. Adding Details to Basic Shapes
3. Creating Stylized Details
4. Creating Textures, Exporting, and Rendering
Next steps1m 54s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.