In this video, learn how to illuminate a scene with artificial lighting.
- [Instructor] Practical lighting is the light…that exists within the narrative frame of the presentation.…In theatrical terms, it's diegetic light.…Diegesis refers to scene elements that exist…within the world of the play,…and can interact with the players.…Examples of practical lighting include natural daylight,…and the lamps within an interior architecture scene.…Practical lighting has an opposite,…studio lighting.…Which refers to nondiegetic lighting that illuminates…the world as if from outside it.…
Like the stage lights in a theater…or the film lights on a movie set.…The original form of practical lighting…is natural daylight.…Sun and sky systems handle photometrics,…or the measurement of light,…more or less automatically.…The brightness and color of the sun and sky…are calculated from scientific models.…And our main concern is that we expose,…or tonemap, the rendering to bring it…into the correct range of brightness.…But for accurate simulation of an artificial light source,…such as a lamp,…we must set its photometric properties…
AuthorAaron F. Ross
- Choosing a visualization app
- Managing assets
- Shading with materials and textures
- Daylighting, practical lighting, and studio lighting
- Lightbox and macro photography
- Vehicles and large-scale objects
- Architecture and interior design
- Technical illustrations
- Rendering passes and light groups
- Rendering for print, prepress, and broadcast
- Animating turntables and orbits
- Rigging and animating a walkthrough
Skill Level Beginner
3ds Max 2017: Advanced Lightingwith Aaron F. Ross2h 52m Advanced
3ds Max 2017: Advanced Materialswith Aaron F. Ross2h 34m Intermediate
3ds Max 2018 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross10h 10m Beginner
1. Preparation and Layout
2. Lighting and Shading
4. Rendering and Image Manipulation
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.