Join Brian Bradley for an in-depth discussion in this video Plugin features, part of 3ds Max: Substance to Arnold.
- [Instructor] What better way to conclude our chapter than…to spend a few minutes highlighting some of the nice little…features of the Substance to 3DS Max plugin…that add even more flexibility to our Substance…and Max texturing and rendering pipeline.…With the material editor and wall materials tabs open then,…let's double-click to load up the Substance parameters…and take a look in the Substance package browser rollout,…where you may or may not have already noticed that we have…this Selected Graph option, which currently contains just…the red brick graph that we have been working with here.…
If I click to load up a new .sbsar file though,…and from our Substances folder, grab the old yellow brick…file that we have there, you can see that when we access…the dropdown again, we actually have two graphs…from which to choose.…And if we opt for the yellow brick option, you can see…that we do indeed get yellow bricks from our Substance,…something very clearly seen if we go ahead…and take a render.…Now in this particular instance, everything but the color…
- Why should we use substances?
- Choosing a substance workflow
- Using Bitmap2Material in 3ds Max
- Building up your material
- Working with substances and maps from the Designer application
- Using a substance with Arnold
- Improving your substance results
- Exporting your map types
Skill Level Intermediate
3ds Max 2018 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross10h 10m Beginner
Substance Painter Essential Trainingwith Wes McDermott5h 55m Appropriate for all
1. An Overview of the Substance Toolset
2. Using Bitmap2Material inside 3ds Max
3. Working with Substances from the Designer Application
4. Working with Maps from the Designer Application
5. Working with Maps from the Painter Application
Next steps1m 25s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.