Mask a texture with a scene primitive
- [Voiceover] The Texture Object Mask…is a new type of composite map.…It combines two other maps,…similarly to the Mix map that you may be familiar with.…For Texture Object Mask,…the transition between the two maps, or the mask,…is determined by a volume, and not by the UVs,…and not by any kind of procedural texture.…We've always been able to have a composite map…that was masked by a 3D procedural map, like noise,…but we had no way of controlling that.…
And what Texture Object Mask allows us to do…is to manipulate the mask in the scene using primitives.…I've set up a scene here with an object, this landscape,…and a texture object.…And the texture object is going to allow us to determine…the transition zone between two different maps.…There are only three primitives…supported as texture objects:…plane, sphere, and box.…For a plane, the position of the plane…and its orientation will determine where…the division between two texture maps will take place.…
For a sphere or a box,…the inside and outside of the sphere or a box…
AuthorAaron F. Ross
- New viewport display menus
- Using the standalone Asset Library
- Visualizing computational fluid dynamics
- Exporting to Print Studio for 3D printing
- Saving models and animation with the Game Exporter
- Building complex objects with new Booleans
- Modeling and mapping with new TextPlus primitive
- Editing keyframes with new Curve Editor tools
- Applying skin weights with Voxel and Heat Map solvers
- Mapping spline textures with shape maps
- Simulating surfaces with Physical Material
- Rendering with ART
- Rendering in the cloud with A360
Skill Level Intermediate
3ds Max 2016 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross10h 44m Beginner
1. The New 3ds Max Interface
2. Assets and Interoperability
3. Modeling and Animation
4. Materials and Mapping
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.