Join Brian Bradley for an in-depth discussion in this video Overview of your material, part of 3ds Max: Substance to V-Ray.
- [Instructor] With our ground material…taken care of courtesy of the bitmapped material 3,…inside of Max, time to make the switch…to substance designer and create a texture…that we can use for the wall…against which our robot is slumped.…Now in this particular instance,…simply for the sake of speed,…we're going to be working with…an existing substance designer graph,…one that was created and has been kindly provided…for use by fellow Lynda author Joel Bradley.…The material is as you can see,…a distressed or aged red brick…that has had a number of features built into it.…
Features that have already been exposed…for a texture artist to make use of.…Now we will need to re-expose these options again…before we publish the finished substance archive…that we will be producing simply because…of the way in which we're going to create it.…Now, if it is that you are going to be following along…using a graph of your own here,…rather than the provided red brick option…that I will be using, you may want to know…how to go about exposing parameters for the very first time.…
- What are substances and why should we use them?
- Choosing your substance workflow mode
- Using Bitmap2Material inside 3ds Max
- Loading the Bitmap2Material node into 3ds Max
- Building your material
- Working with substances from Substance Designer
- Working with maps from Substance Designer
- Exporting the map types
- Exporting maps from Substance Painter
Skill Level Intermediate
3ds Max 2017 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross9h 50m Intermediate
3ds Max 2017: Advanced Lightingwith Aaron F. Ross2h 52m Advanced
1. Overview of Substance Based Tools
The substance toolset4m 9s
2. Using Bitmap2Material inside 3ds Max
3. Working with Substances from Substance Designer
4. Working with Maps from Substance Designer
5. Exporting Maps from Substance Painter
What's next?1m 33s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.