Join Brian Bradley for an in-depth discussion in this video Overview of your material, part of 3ds Max: Substance to V-Ray.
- [Instructor] With both the ground and wall materials…added to the scene, time to move…into the substance painter application now…and take a look at how we might go about outputting maps…for our robot character…in order to get it ready for rendering in V-Ray.…As a side note, it is possible that upon opening this scene…if you were using a newer version…of Substance Painter than I am here,…that you will get a warning saying you created this project…with an old version of Substance Painter.…If we just select okay, the files should open just fine,…but we may not see any of the materials in the interface.…
To quickly work around this,…all we need do is save the file, reload it,…and then everything should appear as we see it here.…Now in this instance we have a little bit…of extra work to do.…As we now have three sets of maps…with which we will need to work.…Simply because as you are hopefully well aware,…Painter works with what it calls Texture Sets,…which directly correlate to the material ID's…or material assignments that we have hopefully setup…
- What are substances and why should we use them?
- Choosing your substance workflow mode
- Using Bitmap2Material inside 3ds Max
- Loading the Bitmap2Material node into 3ds Max
- Building your material
- Working with substances from Substance Designer
- Working with maps from Substance Designer
- Exporting the map types
- Exporting maps from Substance Painter
Skill Level Intermediate
3ds Max 2017 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross9h 50m Intermediate
3ds Max: Advanced Lighting (2017)with Aaron F. Ross2h 52m Advanced
1. Overview of Substance Based Tools
The substance toolset4m 9s
2. Using Bitmap2Material inside 3ds Max
3. Working with Substances from Substance Designer
4. Working with Maps from Substance Designer
5. Exporting Maps from Substance Painter
What's next?1m 33s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.